Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My bad!



First of all, I'm sorry.
It's been like three weeks or some ridiculous amount of time since I posted; not that anyone reads this but, nevertheless, I still feel the need to apologize.
However, my time has not been spent resting on my laurels.
I had an event with Tattered Dolls
and On Any Moto, to raise awareness and money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
They let me actually sit on the motorcycles which was pretty sweet.
(I love lace tights)

Also, I helped plan a Sweet 16 party for my boyfriends sister.
All of that plus a cold, trying to find a new house, getting a friend from Houston to Tucson, planning a trip home to tattoo, and sleeping it's been pretty hectic.

I hope you all forgive me! On that note, let's talk about everything that I love lately.
 

So, I bought these heels for the aforementioned birthday party; I am in love with them.
They're super fuzzy faux-suede with a hidden platform.
The top of the toe is a little more pointy than it looks in the picture, which makes them even more amazing. They're basically the perfect pump. Now I just have to go back and buy them in all of these colors. Especially the nude tone.

Bangles have been a huge trend this spring//summer, which I love.
They're super chunky and clanky and make casual clothes look a little more classy.
Plus they never really have to match anything, which makes them a pretty much perfect accessory.
Unfortunately for me, my job isn't really bangle friendly, they get in the way of my gloves.
Luckily I've found a way around this problem: Making bangles into arm bands.
My favorite is this one I picked up last Halloween at a thrift store down on 4th..


 
Another thing I'm looking forward to this summer is all of the strappy sandal-style heels and platforms.
It seems as though accessories have taken a turn towards the steam-punk genre; Everything is bronze and leather and wood with tons of rivets and embellishments.

And my top picks from New York Fashion Week:

Cathleen Herrera Spring 2010                                          March Jacobs Spring 2010


And last but not least, Taylor Momsen.  She's definitely my kinda chick.
 st of things that I love; Taylor Momsen.
I adore her style.
Thanks for being so patient with me! More to come this week.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment